Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 October 2017

One of the things I remember about my grandpa ( mum's dad )  is that he liked pepper on his food! I was little when he passed away and I can always remember being at his and my grandma's  home everyday, and he would always be peppering his meals! When I see pumpkin, I always think of my grandma because she really enjoy eating pumpkin! When she wasn't feeling too well, pumpkin and bread and butter would be the food she enjoyed eating. When I hear about home made vegie soup, I instantly think of Mum's cousin who would make up a big batch of vegie soup each Christmas and bring it up with her when she came visiting my grandma who lived with us. My Mum's cousin lived in Frankston, so it would have been quite hard to transport soup from there! But, she knew that my grandma enjoyed eating it!  She is the cousin who gave my grandpa a bowl of jelly to take home with him after visiting her... the only thing was that the temperature that day was 37 degrees! The jelly didn't make it home intact!  It is funny the strange things that you can associate with people!
It is very special the memories we have with people. May we always every day treasure the special moments we spend with our loved ones. Life is a journey and love is our constant encouragement as we walk along the pathway!

No comments:

Post a Comment