Search This Blog

Sunday 2 August 2020

 I had a little giggle to myself the other day when I read a news story about free doughnuts! There is a company who sells doughnuts online, and delivers them to customers at their home. To support and encourage everyone to stay home, the company is delivering free packs of their doughnuts five times each week! People can leave their address details on the site, and 5 people are randomly chosen! But... they do need to be home when the doughnuts arrive or they are not left! They are also called : “Houghnuts” instead of “doughnuts” as they are considered to be “healthy doughnuts”! They are “Gluten free. Vegan. Refined Sugar free. Baked not fried” !! 

   This brought back lovely happy memories of when I was a little girl, and I belonged to the Woolworths “ donut club”!! I had a little card, and each weekend you could take it to the Woolworths Bakery, get it stamped and receive 2 free cinammon doughnuts! I think they did this to encourage the rest of the family to buy other items from the bakery section of Woolworths at the same time! Cinnamon donuts have such a lovely aroma when they are warm! I always thought that it was cute that donut holes were sold also! 

      Donuts remind me of love! They are shaped as a circle and have no end! It is like we are in the empty middle area of the dough, being hugged. Love is eternal! The love of our  loving Heavenly Father and our Lord is eternal, forever and ever and includes right now! Unlike a soft donut though, love is strong. It endures through all that the day and our lives hold! It is strengthening and encouraging! 



No comments:

Post a Comment