Search This Blog

Sunday 8 October 2017

When I was younger, one of the first things that I "cooked"  was a cherry, pineapple and cheese hedgehog dish! It consisted of wrapping an orange in foil, then putting toothpicks in it, and on the toothpicks was placed little cubes of cheese, a pineapple piece and then a cherry at the end of the toothpick! I was sooo excited when I made it! Of course, I had to put on my special kitchen apron when I made it!   It is nice to have special memories of fun times! 

        In our day to day life, it is better to not be a hedgehog! English hedgehogs look cute, but their spikes are very prickly! Sometimes we may not be having a great day, but each brings with it a new sunrise and a sunset. May we take joy in little special moments through the day. They are like little cherries from the hedgehog meal that I made and they add warmth and colour to however we are feeling that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment